Vietnamese Ginger Chicken
- Chicken in a sauce with ginger and garlic
- 1-1/2 Tbsp (20 ml). oil
- 1 2 inch piece fresh ginger, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). boneless chicken, sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). thick soy sauce (tamari)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- 1 onion, cubed
- salt, to taste
- hot cooked rice
- Heat oil and fry ginger, garlic and onion until brown.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often until sauce thickens.
- Serve over plain rice or Ginger Rice.
- Simple, quick and tastey.