- A restaraunt style cheese dip
- Sheri Padzensky
Serves/Makes:4 cups approx.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) veg. oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canned tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) paprika
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) each, flour and COLD water
- 2 cups (475 ml) of your favorite yellow cheese, works great with American
- tortilla chips
- Combine oil, onion, salt, tomatoes, cayenne, sugar, paprika and garlic powder in a heavy pot and simmer 25 to 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix flour and COLD water.
- Gradually add to onion mixture stirring constantly until thick and very smooth.
- While constantly stirring add cheese slowly.
- When mixture becomes thick and smooth, remove from heat and enjoy.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
- This is a great party cheese dip. It is quite a hit at my parties.