Steamed Ginger Rice with Snow Peas
- Ginger flavored rice with snow peas
- 2 cups (475 ml) long grain rice
- 3 cups (700 ml) cold water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). or more, to your taste, finely grated ginger
- 2 or more cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). snow peas, chopped
- Wash rice in several changes of water until water runs clear.
- Place rice in a 3 quarts (2850 ml) saucepan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add water, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Reduce heat slightly but continue to cook uncovered until surface water disappears and holes appear in the surface of the rice.
- Cover tightly, turn heat very low and continue to cook 20 minutes.
- Add snow peas and cover.
- Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir gently to combine rice with snow peas.
- Good as a side dish, with or without soy sauce or delicious with Ginger Chicken.