- my friend Angie
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) grated nutmeg
- Bake pastry shell in a 450 degree (225 C.) oven for 7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Reserve 2 tbsp (30 ml) bacon.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon and cheese over bottom of pie shell.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and nutmeg. (Mix the dry ingredients together first, then add a small amount of milk to make a thin paste. Add remaining milk and eggs--this makes the filling less lumpy.)
- Pour egg mixture into pastry shell; sprinkle with reserved bacon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- I have served this at bridal showers and parties and have always been complimented. Do not leave out the nutmeg. It may sound strange, but it makes a huge difference!