Salmon and Broccoli Casserole
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 7-1/2 oz (210 grm). can salmon
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter
- 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried dill weed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) seasoned croutons
- 1 cup (225 ml) dried bread crumbs
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- Remove skin and bones.
- Break into chunks; set aside.
- Cook broccoli according to directions on package and drain.
- Saute onion in butter.
- Add soup, heat thoroughly.
- Stir in lemon juice, egg, cheese, dill weed, pepper, mushrooms and reserved salmon liquid.
- Blend in salmon, broccoli and croutons.
- Place in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes.