- a simple and quick recipe
- 1 unbaked deepdish pastry shell
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced ham
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped broccoli pieces
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped cauliflour
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup (225 ml) or more grated Swiss cheese (I prefer Colby Jack or a blend. You can also use cheddar.)
- 3 eggs
- (these amounts may vary depending on the size of your shell, you made need to use more of less..)
- Place pastry in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool while you dice and chop filling ingredients.
- Mix or layer the ham, broccoli, cauliflour, and onions in the pie shell.
- Cover the top with a healthy helping of cheese. Make sure the top is covered and heaped.
- Mix the three eggs until blended, then pour slowly over the top of the cheese.
- Place quiche in 400 degree (200 C.) oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees (175 C.) and continue baking for 45 minutes.
- Let quiche stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- This is a simple quiche and it can be changed to fit your moods easily. It is good served with a nice green salad. The trick is to make sure you put plenty of cheese on top, as this will be a top crust when the quiche is done.