Serves/Makes:1 9" quiche
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) light cream or undiluted evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- 1 medium onion, cut in eighths
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Swiss cheese, cubed
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). sliced bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Put eggs, light cream or evaporated milk, flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg into blender container.
- Cover and process until well blended.
- Stop blender and add the onion pieces and Swiss cheese cubes.
- Cover and process.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon into bottom of unbaked pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- This is a very quick, easy and good light meal.