Pecan Pie Recipe with Orange Juice
Serves/Makes:1 9-inch pie
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark corn syrup
- 1 Tbs (15 ml). grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) orange juice
- 1 Tbs (15 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) pecan halves
- Combine first 7 ingredients; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Arrange pecan halves over top.
- Bake at 350 for 55 to 60 minutes.
- I have never made this pie, but it was in the 1983 Southern Living Annual Recipes. I always put my pecan and chess pies in at 400 F. for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 F. until they gently shake.