- Filled with Yumminess
- Katie Prestenbach VIA my aunt Lila
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). powdered sugar
- 2 cubes margarine, melted
- 1 small bag coconut
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped walnuts or pecans, divided use
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box parafin wax
- finely chopped marachino cherries and maybe a little juice if you want color, optional
- chopped nuts, optional
- extra coconut, optional
- Mix everything together but chocolate chips and parafin.
- Chill mix for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and freeze until solid.
- Melt chocolate chips and one block parafin. (4 blocks in box)
- Dip frozen balls into chocolate mix quickly.
- Dip into chopped nuts or extra coconut or leave plain.
- This is somewhat of a time consuming candy, but very worth it. My aunt Lila gave me this recipe a few years back, because her bon bons are always a big hit. I make them at Christmas time. Make this a treat the family can prepare.