- A hot and meaty three-bean dish
- Linda Procaccini
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). or more hamburger or ground turkey
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bacon
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) catsup
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped onion
- 1 lb (.5 kg). can lima or butter beans, undrained
- 1 lb (.5 kg). can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 lb (.5 kg). can pork and beans, undrained
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Cut bacon into 1" strips.
- Fry bacon; drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Add ground meat to bean mixture.
- Pour into ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 40 minutes.
- I prefer to use one box of small frozen lima beans instead of canned lima or butter beans.
When served with French, Sourdough or Italian Bread and a tossed salad, this tasty casserole is a perfect meal for a brisk, fall day.