- No raw fish in this dish! A korean style sushi with rice, eggs, meat and vegetable wrapped in seaweed
- Gina Choi
Serves/Makes:6 long rolls
- 6 sheets unsalted seaweed 7" x 7" sold in Asian markets
- 4 eggs
- 4 carrots, approximately
- 1 lb (.5 kg). beef, cut in narrow strips
- other vegetables of choice
- 1 large bowl cooked rice
- salt and pepper
- soy sauce
- Crack the 4 eggs into the frying pan; wait for one side to harden and flip over into a rotating motion and let cook on a plate.
- Put the beef in the pan and fry it, but do not burn; place it on a plate.
- Cut up the eggs into strips about as long as the seaweed.
- Cut the carrots and other vegetables into long strips.
- Take the big bowl of rice and season with salt a pepper. DO NOT ADD the other ingredients.
- Put the seaweed on a piece of plastic wrap or foil, spread out the rice on top of the seaweed halfway.
- Put some of the beef and other ingredients on top and roll firmly pushing down with the plastic wrap.
- Seal the roll with the seaweed section that was not covered by rice.
- Peel the plastic wrap off and repeat the previous step with all of the seaweed.
- Cut the long rolls into about 1 inch slices.
- This dish is very popular in Korea. This is a perfect recipe for people who do not like raw fish. I recommend this for a party or just a snack. If the salty taste does not show, dip a small portion of the piece into a small plate of soy sauce. I hope you enjoy!