- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). day old french bread cubed
- In a large skillet, saute onions, celery and garlic in butter until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add broth, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in bread cubes until mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Or you can stuff your turkey and cook that way.