- Candy Couch
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 ml) toasted pecan halves
- Place pecans in large mixing bowl.
- Heat first four ingredients in heavy pan to 242 degrees (125 C.) on candy thermometer.
- Immediately pour sugar mixture over nuts and toss to coat.
- Put on a cookie sheet, cool and separate.
- If the nuts are too sticky, put them into a 150 degree (70 C.) oven for several minutes.
- I have made these for gifts for the holidays for years and everyone loves them! It is best to make them on a day that is not too humid so they will have a nice sugary coating that is not sticky. (I don't worry since I live in the desert now, but making them in Houston was different!)