- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) beer
- 4 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 2 6 oz (168 grm). pkgs. processed Swiss Gruyere cheese wedges
- Mix flour and salt with beer.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Let stand 4 to 6 hours in a warm, not hot, place.
- Cut cheese wedges in half vertically.
- Dip into batter.
- Fry in hot deep fat 375 degrees (200 C.) until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- You can probably adapt this recipe to the fried vegetable bites. Another idea, (I haven't tried it) is to dip the broccoli bites into an beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs... do this twice to make a good coating. Good Luck. . .