Old Fashioned Peppermint Candy
- Good and easy
- Dena Maxwell
Serves/Makes:5 to 6 dozen depending on size
- 2 egg whites (Do not beat with mixer)
- 3 cups (700 ml) to 5 cups (1175 ml) powdered sugar
- 3 drops green food color
- 1 tsp (5 ml). peppermint oil
- Mix egg whites and food color and peppermint together and start adding powdered sugar 1 cup (225 ml) at a time until mixture looks and feels like play dough.
- Roll in small balls and flaten on waxed paper.
- Cover and let dry for 2 days.
- Store in airtight container.
- These make a lot and are very easy and good. I got the recipe from Marie, a friend on mine that lives in Canada.
I hope this is what you are looking for.