- Cool side dish---perfect for Thanksgiving!
- Trisha Dove
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 3 large cans peach halves
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole cloves
- Add all ingredients to the SYRUP of peach halves.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Allow fruit to stand in syrup several hours (I mix the day before)in refrigerator.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon stick before serving cold.
- It's that easy and is a 3 generation tradition for holiday meals. AND you get double duty if you use the left over syrup instead of water and prepare with 2 small or 1 large box of peach jello....(you may need to add a little water to syrup to make the amount needed). I store mine in a large glass jar in the refrigerator.