- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can cream-style corn
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or magarine, melted
- vegtable oil for deep fat frying
- Place all ingredients except vegetable oil in a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat about 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) saucepan over medium-high heat to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Drop batter into oil, a tbsp at a time.
- Turn fritters once after bubbles form on top and continue frying until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with honey butter or maple syrup.
- I once tried a recipe similar to this at a restaraunt
in Anchorage, AK. I have been seaching for years for the
mouth watering recipe. Although this one comes close, it
is still not the same. I hope you enjoy it!