Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaway Candy
- Peanut butter filling covered in chocolate
- Dena Maxwell
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) peanut butter
- 6 cups (1425 ml) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) maple flavoring
- 4 cups (950 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 block paraffin
- Blend peanut butter, sugar, butter, and maple flavoring.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Poke a toothpick into the top of each ball to use as a handle for dipping. You can use the same toothpick for all.
- Melt chocolate chips and paraffin in the top of a double boiler (use very low heat).
- Dip chilled peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes.
- Put back on the wax paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate 2 hours.
- You may freeze these and keep them in a container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- These represent the Buckeye State of Ohio. It is a nut that falls from a tree, that is not edible.