- A great, never fail peanut butter cookie
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) peanut butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- Blend shortening and peanut butter.
- Add sugars and mix well.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Shape into balls and put on cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar (if needed).
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Do not allow to get dark or they will be too hard.
- I got this recipe from my sister-in-law years ago. I always get comments on how great they are and have even been accused of buying them!