- Made with spiral macaroni, but you could use penne pasta
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). jar spaghetti sauce, or prepare your sauce from scratch
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). package pasta spirals
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the lean ground beef with the chopped onion.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and the pasta.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch oven-proof baking pan.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and provolone cheeses over the top of the pasta.
- Evenly distribute the pepperoni slices over the top of the cheeses.
- Finish with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the cheeses are bubbly.
- Serve warm.