Broccoli, Bacon and Onion Salad
- Candy Couch
- 3 stalks broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) or more raisins
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bacon fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sunflower kernels (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) salad dressing (not mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tbls. red wine vinegar
- Trim hard green outside from stalks.
- Chop broccoli tops and trimmed stalks.
- Add onion, raisins, bacon and sunflower kernels.
- Mix salad dressing, sugar and vinegar.
- Toss dressing with salad at least one hour prior to serving.