- Super Simple, Very Quick & Keeps Well
- Sheila Kosko
- 1 package of white candy coating (usually comes in a 1 lb (.5 kg). block in the chocolate chip section)
- 6 candy canes
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Crush candy canes into very small pieces.
- Melt candy coating in a bowl in microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir and microwave another 30 seconds.
- Pour crushed candy canes into melted coating and stir quickly only 'til candy canes are coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the wax paper.
- Spread into a semi-thin layer and let cool.
- When the mixture is firm, break into pieces.
- Place in air tight containers or baggies.
- This is a variation of "Almond Bark" candy. You can substitute white chocolate for the candy coating if you prefer. Of course, the candy coating is less expensive. I have found the 1 lb. package at Dollar General for $2. The candy hardens pretty quickly but if you want it SUPER FAST, put it in the frige or freezer for a few minutes.
***IMPORTANT: Make sure that when you make this that your spoon and bowl are completely dry...or the candy will not not melt properly***
I didn't read the package directions once and tried to add food coloring and had to throw it all away!