- There are many kinds of endive, but they are all prepared in the same manner. Endive salad is particularly favored as a winter green.
- 2 large endives
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) salad oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) herb mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley, chopped
- Remove the stalks and outer leaves of the endives.
- Wash the endives rapidly but thoroughly in luke-warm salted water and cut them into narrow strips.
- Rub the inside of a salad bowl with the garlic.
- Put the endive strips into the bowl and mix with the oil.
- In a small bowl, beat the liquids to blend, pour them over the endives.
- Add the onion and parsley and mix.
- Correct the taste, as needed.