- Uses potatoes to thicken
- Marlene Mondragon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1-1/3 lbs (.6 kg). potatoes, about 4 medium, cubed
- 2 chicken bouillon cube
- 10 oz (280 grm). frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- In 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onions and saute 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, water to cover, and bouillon.
- Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook just until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup (225 ml) of potatoes with slotted spoon,set aside.
- Pour contents of saucepan into container of blender.
- Holding lid securely, blend until smooth; return to saucepan.
- Steam broccoli in microwave dish until crisp-tender.
- Mix reserved potatoes and broccoli into saucepan with blended contents.
- Over medium-low heat gradually add cheese, stirring until heated and cheese is melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- It is good with extra fresh steamed broccoli added before serving.