- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (225 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). whole oregano
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- Saute ground beef and garlic, stirring to crumble beef, until beef is no longer pink; drain off pan drippings.
- Add ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, and mayonnaise to skillet; stir well.
- Stuff manicotti shells with meat mixture; arrange shells in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and oregano; pour over manicotti.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes.
- Adapted from a recipe in the January '79 issue of "Southern Living".