- M. DeGennaro
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). white potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 16 oz (448 grm). sour cream
- 16 oz (448 grm). white cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). pepper
- Wash potatoes with skin on and poke holes in them, put in water.
- When the water boils add salt.
- When the potatoes are fork tender, drain water, cover pot and put in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Peel skin from potatoes and discard.
- Grate potatoes with a cheese grater into a mixing bowl.
- Melt one stick of butter, put in bowl.
- Add remaining ingrediants and mix.
- Put in baking dish covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for one hour.
- * This is not a low fat recipe, do not substitute margarine for butter, low fat sour cream for the real one, low fat cheddar cheese, This is the best potato recipe, you will ever taste.