- Carrots with a twist
- M. DeGennaro
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). carrots
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml). olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Colovito vinegar (no substitute)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). salt
- Peel and slice carrots on an angle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put carrots in water and boil until just crunchy--don't overcook carrots.
- Drain water.
- Add olive oil, garlic and all other ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Toss with cooked carrots.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Being full blooded Italian, we don't measure anything. A little of this, a little of that. The most important thing is to use the right ingrediants and don't substitute. You can't use garlic powder to replace a garlic clove. The aroma is incredible and the taste is even better. Happy cooking.