- Honey Mustard Barbecued Spare Ribs
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). spare ribs
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) bottled hickory smoked barbecued sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). cold water
- Place ribs in crockpot.
- In medium sized bowl, combine mustard, garlic, honey, salt, pepper and barbecue sauce.
- Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours, or until tender.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight
- Skim any solidified fat from top.
- Remove ribs and heat in microwave or conventional oven.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to sauce.
- Cook and stir in microwave or stovetop until hot and slightly thickened.
- Pour hot sauce over warm ribs.
- The long, slow cooking in the crockpot make these really nice