Smoked Salmon and Horseradish Cheesecake
- The Organic Gourmet
- 16 oz (448 grm). cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 oz (56 grm). cornstarch
- 1 oz (28 grm). horseradish juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 egg
- 4 oz (112 grm). heavy cream
- 12 oz (336 grm). diced smoked salmon
- 6 bagels split and toasted
- 1 red onion sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the cream cheese, cornstarch, horseradish juice and salt.
- Add egg and heavy cream.
- When filling is mixed thoroughly add diced smoked salmon and fold it in.
- Place in buttered 8-inch springform pan and bake for 1 hour or until cheesecake sets up.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Slice into 6 equal portions and serve with bagels and sliced onions.