- 8 oz (224 grm). Maryland regular crabmeat
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml) to 3/4 tsp (4 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- pinch garlic salt
- paprika for garnish
- Remove cartilage from crabmeat.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and garlic salt until smooth.
- Add enough milk to make mixture creamy.
- Stir in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of grated cheese.
- Fold crabmeat into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into greased 1 quart (950 ml) casserole.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) until mixture is bubbly and browned on top, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers.
- This is my neighbor's favorite Crab Dip and although it is slightly different from what I make, it is excellent.