- This is usually served with steamed rice
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). chicken, cut into serving-size pieces
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) red cane vinegar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml). whole peppercorns
- 1 tsp (5 ml). brown sugar
- a piece of laurel leaf
- Mix all ingredients well (except the chicken) in a shallow pan.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the pan and cover.
- Simmer until the chicken is nearly done.
- Turn the chicken once in a while to make sure all sides have absorbed the other ingredients.
- Remove the cover and let simmer until the sauce is reduced.
- The chicken will be done when it has a rich brown color.
- You can substitute honey for the brown sugar to make it more tasty, and if you don't want to use butter, you can use margarine instead.