- mrs. wiggs
Serves/Makes:2 cups or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix sugars and cornstarch.
- Whisk in the milk gradually.
- Microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes, stopping every couple of minutes to whisk. (Watch carefully, as it can boil over.)
- Add butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Serve over yellow cake squares.
- For a lighter sauce, substitute water for the milk.