Easiest Holiday Pie Dough
- My Nana Berryman in the UK
Serves/Makes:6 2 crust pies
- 6 cups (1425 ml) white flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) shortening or 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening combo
- 3 tsp (15 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold water
- Mix flour, shortening and salt together with fingers until crumbly. Resembles corn meal type texture.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) cold water and fold into mixture with a knife.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) water to form a soft ball of dough.
- Keep dough in an airtight container until ready to make pies.
- This is the fastest easiest pie dough I have ever made.
It's great when you are making pies as gifts or for fund raisers.
My Nana Agnes Berryman used this recipe on a regular basis with grandkids up on the counter assisting.