- 2-1/2 oz (70 grm). dried currants
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2-1/2 oz (70 grm). pine nuts
- 6 drops orangeflower water
- Cover the currants with warm water in a small bowl.
- Trim the stalks from the spinach; wash the leaves and dry in a salad spinner.
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil in a nonstick 11 inch saute pan and cook the spinach in batches over high heat, turning constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep hot.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick 8 inch skillet.
- Add the drained currants and pine nuts and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the pine nuts are golden.
- Add the pine nuts, currants and orangeflower water to the saute pan with the spinach and stir for 30 seconds, then remove from the heat.
- Arrange the spinach on a serving plate and serve immediately.
- From France, the Beautiful Cookbook