- Quaker Oats Pecan Praline Crunch
- Martha Purdy
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). box Quaker Toasted Oatmeal Squares Cereal (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups (475 ml) pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine or butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- Heat oven to 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Spray 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cereal and pecans in pan; mix well.
- In large microwaveable bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup and margarine.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling.
- Stir vanilla and baking soda into sugar mixture.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Transfer to baking sheet, spreading mixture in even layer.
- Cool completely; break into pieces.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.