- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:1 gallon approx.
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) bourbon or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) Jamaican rum
- 2-1/2 quarts (2375 ml) half-and-half
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- grated nutmeg, as needed
- At least 24 hours before serving use mixer to blend egg yolks, sugar, bourbon, and rum.
- Add half-and-half.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, beat egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold both gently into the bourbon mixture.
- Pour into a punch bowl and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Yields about a gallon.