- Martha Purdy
- 2 cups (475 ml) white vinegar
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) salt
- okra (enough to fill 4 jars)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper cut up (more if you like it hot)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dill seed
- Bring vinegar, water and salt to boil.
- Fill 4 hot jars with okra and add, 2 cloves of fresh garlic, 1 jalapeno pepper cut up (more if you like it hot) and 1 tsp (5 ml) of dill seed.
- Fill jars with mixture.
- Put on canning lids and cook in water bath for 10 minutes at 180 degree's F. (or almost boiling)
- Remove jars from water and set aside to cool.