Diamond Chili Spiced Almonds
- 3 cups (700 ml) whole almonds
- 4-1/2 tsp (20 ml) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Combine almonds and oil in skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat until lightly browned - about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine all spices in food processor or blender until finely ground.
- When almonds are done cooking, transfer immediately to a large bowl and toss with seasoning.
- Spread on baking sheet to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container up to 1 month
- I have not tried this but saw it on the back of a bag of Diamond brand almonds. I imagine you could use this recipe with any nuts.