- Velveeta & Cream cheeze spread
- 1 lb (.5 kg). box Velveeta cheese
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages Philadelphia cream cheese
- 3 4 oz (112 grm). cans chopped green chilis (for all you spicy lovers, you can substitute one can of chilis with 1 small can of chopped jalapenos)
- Tostitos or other bite-sized tortilla chips
- Let all cheeses come to room temperatur.e
- Lay 3 ft. of wax paper on a flat surface (I recommed brand name wax paper, the cheap stuff tears and sticks to the cheese).
- Place the Velveeta block so that it, and the wax paper are both lengthwise.
- Place another 3 ft. of wax paper on top.
- Using a rolling pin, smash the cheese, then roll it out evenly so it's about 1/4 in. thick. The cheeze will spread to each side of the wax paper, then you just make it longer and longer.
- Try to get the ends straight accross, no need to be perfect, just close.
- Spread the cream cheeses onto the Velveeta evenly.
- Place green chilis evenly over first 2 layers.
- At one end, fold about 3 inches of the cheese inward, and keep going to the other side.
- Do not roll wax paper into the layers.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Cut widthwise into sections.
- Serve with Tostitos bite sized tortilla chips.
- People may think it sounds "too cheesy" but you have to try it. This spread never lasts longer than 24 hours in our house!!! Always a hit at company and church pot lucks!