- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). dry cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- Add water to beaten eggs.
- Add flour and salt.
- Mix with electric mixer.
- In another bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, cinnamon and salt.
- Use a crepe maker or old frying pan well-greased to make the round thin crepes.
- Pour a little batter to form a thin covering over the bottom of the pan.
- When the edges start to go upwards take or peel off of pan onto clean towel.
- Spoon 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cheese filling onto the crepe; fold crepe over filling.
- Excellent served with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a fruit topping (such as canned pie filling) and whipped cream.
Cherries or blueberries are a standard.