- Italian pastry
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fine ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Rum
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) confectionary sugar or more to taste
- 1 coarsely grated dark chocolate bar
- 24 cannoli tubes
- Cream ricotta and rum till smooth.
- Add sugar,chocolate,and blend well.
- Fill cannolli tubes (you can buy them ready-made or make your own).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chill before serving.
- This recipe is from my hometown in Upstate New York. We have a large Italian population with the BEST Italian bakeries and restaurants anywhere in the country!