- Uses cake mix and very ripe bananas
Serves/Makes:1 9x13 inch cake
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 1 box yellow cake mix (with or without pudding added)
- 8 oz (224 grm). powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) very soft butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk, approx.
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) vanilla
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped walnuts
- Beat bananas, eggs and oil together until smooth.
- Beat in cake mix.
- Bake in 9x13" pan according to cake mix instructions, taking care not to overbake.
- Leave in pan and cool on rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Beat until smooth.
- Frost the cake (the frosting will just cover the cake) and sprinkle generously with walnuts.
- Gently pat the nuts into the frosting.
- Allow to mellow a day or more if there's time. It gets better as the days pass. Refrigeration is not necessary, but wise. A good recipe for banana too icky to eat.