Serves/Makes:enough for 9x13 cake
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) shortening (like Crisco)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/3 cup (80 ml) strong cold coffee
- 1 lb (.5 kg). confectioners sugar
- Beat butter and shortening together until light and fluffy.
- Add cocoa and vanilla.
- Slowly add confectioners sugar along with some of the coffee.
- After all the sugar has been added, slowly add remaining coffee until frosting is desired consistency.
- This is a fabulous match wtih banana cake!