Serves/Makes:1 bundt cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) applesauce
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- 1 lb (.5 kg). gum drops (remove black)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease well and flour a bundt pan or 2 9" loaf pans.
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Blend in eggs and applesauce.
- Blend the dry ingredients well into the liquid.
- Fold in nuts and gum drops.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan(s).
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 2 hours or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and remove cake from pan and cool on rack.
- I have not tried this but I think I will the next time the grandkids come over.