- Better Homes and Garden Cookbook
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 1 T sugar
- Cinnamon and sugar mixture
- 10 slices Bread (French bread works best!)
- powdered sugar
- syrup (maple or other as desired)
- Beat eggs and milk.
- Dip both sides of bread into mixture and let set for a 'short minute' to let the bread soak up some mixture.
- In a pre-heated skillet, cook bread on both sides in a small amount of real butter! (Margarine disappears too fast!).
- Before turning the slice over, sprinkle generously with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Add more butter as needed.
- When browned, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Top with more butter and syrup.
- This is my family's favorite french toast recipe!