- Basic rolled pie crust
- Rodale's Naturally Delicious Desserts and Snacks
Serves/Makes:1 single-crust pie crust
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ice water
- Measure flour into a medium bowl.
- Add butter and cut into flour with fork or pastry cutter.
- Add oil slowly and continue to mix until crumbly.
- Slowly add ice water and mix until you can gather into a ball.
- Place dough on a piece of floured wax paper and roll out dough to form a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Bake according to pie recipe you are using.