- Terri McK
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- Crumb Filling:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dark brown sugar
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground coffee (heaping)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mixed walnuts, raisins, and pecans, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbspvanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 2 cups (475 ml) unbleached flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) brewed French roast coffee
- Soak mixed nuts including raisins in coffee for 15 minutes; set aside and drain.
- Make crumb filling in large bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter, sugar, sour cream, and eggs; mix 1 minute.
- In a seperate bowl combine all dry ingredients then add to cream mixture.
- Pour half of batter followed by half the filling, and all mixed nuts.
- Pour remainder of batter then top with remaining filling.
- Rest cake for 10 minutes then bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Wonderful cake to serve your family and friends!