- Ball Blue Book (Modified)
- 20 lbs (9.1 kg). tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced carrot
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped celery
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped hot pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- lemon juice
- Wash, core and quarter tomatoes.
- Add vegetables and simmer 20 minutes.
- Put through food mill.
- Add salt if desired.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice to each quart.
- Bring juice to a boil.
- Pour into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Put on caps and process in hot water bath for 45 minutes.
- Ball Blue Book published 1990