Pineapple Sauerkraut Salad
- Unusual, but tasty, version of the classic Sauerkraut Salad
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). sauerkraut
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped into a nice dice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut, safflower or corn oil
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can pineapple bits, packed in juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the sauerkraut in several waters. Drain thoroughly and dry. (Chop the sauerkraut into a finer chop if desired at this point).
- Add the diced scallions and oil and toss together.
- Add the pineapple bits with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of pineapple juice and several grinds of the black pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients and chill.
- Toss again just prior to serving.