Old Fashioned Sauerkraut Salad
- The kind of Sauerkraut Salad that our Grandmother's made!
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can sauerkraut
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) very thinly sliced red onions
- Conbine vinegar, sugar, and oil in small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sauerkraut, carrots, green pepper and onion in bowl.
- Add liquid and blend thoroughly.
- Cover and chill 4 to 6 hours or overnight is best.
- It took some time to find this recipe, but it is the one that has been around in our family since the 1930's.